PhotoActivity Forum
PhotoActivity Forum
Home | Profilo | Registrati | Topics attivi | Membri | Ricerca | FAQ | Informativa sui Cookies
Username:
Password:
Salva la Password
Hai dimenticato la tua Password?

Tutti i Forums
 PhotoActivity
 Forum di PhotoActivity
 Raw Therapee or else ?
 Nuovo Topic  Rispondi al Topic
 Visualizza per la stampa
Autore Topic Precedente Topic Prossimo Topic  

glacort
Advanced Member

Italy
1298 Posts

Postato - 25/02/2013 :  17:14:44  Mostra il Profilo  Rispondi comprendendo il testo originale fra righe
Dopo aver scaricato, provato e quasi sempre anche pagato tutti ( dicasi tutti) i raw converters in giro, oggi uso LR 4.3 se ho fretta, se la foto non ha molto bisogno di NR, e se mi basta il "good enough" (non voglio atteggiarmi, ma ho vissuto e lavorato a lungo in USA e l'espessione l'hanno inventata loro).

Quando ho tempo e desidero avere la massima qualità uso RawTherapee, trovo solo che ad alti ISO LR sia più efficiente e molto più veloce nella riduzione del rumore.

Questo intervento di un aficionado di RT spiega "perché RT ?" meglio di quanto possa fare io, anche per la mia innata pigrizia:

---------------------------------

I've used RawTherapee since 2010, and also Bibble (now Aftershot), Capture One and Lightroom. I use them all from time to time, I like diversity.

Still I get back to RawTherapee as my number one choice. Why? There are several reasons for that, but if I would cut it down to one, it is because it does not treat me like an idiot :-).

Most commercial software seems focus so much on that ease of use and "film-like look" or whatever that the true digital photographic process gets lost. For every new version it seems to get "easier", and soon everything will be reduced to a big "make image good-looking"-button. Good for a quick workflow of massive amount of pictures, but since I do mostly "fine art" pictures (i e not a massive amount) and want to be in control I find RawTherapee to be the best tool in the market.

Image quality is also important of course, and I think RawTherapee is very good there too, if you know how to handle it.

So I do hope the RT team/community continues to be in the forefront of high image quality algorithms (and new and exciting algorithms), continue to provide total user control, and don't be too nervous about being harder to use and slower than the commercial alternatives. It will be impossible to compete with the commercial software on being the most efficient tool for quickly process a massive amount of pictures with good quality. But in the fine art and technical genre it can do well, and does well already.
---------------------------------

UNQUOTE

GLC
www.glcphoto.com
  Topic Precedente Topic Prossimo Topic  
 Nuovo Topic  Rispondi al Topic
 Visualizza per la stampa
Vai a:
PhotoActivity Forum © 2005-2024 PhotoActivity Torna all'inizio della pagina